Thursday, July 26, 2007

Al Sharpton in Yonkers July 21st 2007

I would like someone to explain this to me like I'm a six year old. Why is it that blacks feel the need to march, rally, disturb the piece for something as simple as "loving yourself"? Could someone answer this for me because I'm truly perplexed. I realize what this "Love Yourself" rally was suppose to do but why? How about working within the system? How about having a liaison to the police in Yonkers? How about asking the mayor to address blacks who have felt that the Yonkers police is out of control? Why do we need to have a Love Yourself Rally? I don't understand it. In 1995 Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam held a Million Man march in Washington to register blacks to vote. Why? Couldn't they do that back in their neighborhoods? The March also advocated "unity, atonement and brotherhood." And participants were asked to "clean up their lives and their neighborhoods." Do you need to go to Washington to do this? I don't get it.

No comments: