Monday, September 03, 2007

Sex in Public Restrooms=Gay Victims

Several days ago I wrote a piece about the "bigger picture" in the Larry Craig scandal. Since then I have spoken about it and have not changed my opinion. In the last couple of days I have read many articles on Craig and a few blogs. I now read Jim McGreevey's epistle on Senator Craig. The article is, in my opinion, McGreevey's first student paper at the General Theological Seminary of the Episcapal Church in New York. McGreevey should have kept this piece as a student paper as it like him bothers me. The number one problem with most of what I have read is that many believe that there is no "outlet" for gay men's sexual expression but public bathrooms. That is more than offensive. To suggest to me that a gay man whether out or not cannot find a private place to have sex but parks and bathrooms is not only perverse but playing the victim card. Is this the kind of legacy we want to leave younger gays? I hope not.

No comments: