Saturday, September 22, 2007

Making Peace with Death

I was lying in bed on Friday morning while my gf was getting ready for work and I was listening to Good Morning America. Diane Sawyer was talking to a guy who was talking about allowing people to prove their goodness. In my most cynical way I said to myself, yeah that will happen. As I listened further I found that I wanted to hear more from this guy and what was the main point of his speech. I promised to go to the GMA website and check it out later. I completely forgot about it but now I want to present it to everyone because its important and to some extent precious. I don't do a lot of "precious" things but sometimes we have to pay attention.

Randy Pausch is dying of pancreatic cancer and made his last lecture to his students this week as he prepares to die. I'm really not sure why I've decided to post this other than saying that every now and then something touches you and you just go with it. Here is Pausch on GMA. I don't think there needs to be a major summary here because Pausch says it all.

No comments: