Friday, September 21, 2007

Making a Difference

For now it seems that Clinton Young is the winner of Tuesday's Democratic primary. The official word will come Monday after the Board of Elections re-canvass ballots on Monday. Ernest Davis is pondering his next move and will be sitting down with advisers before making a decision. Unfortunately one of his options is to run on the Conservative and Independent lines. I say unfortunate because this should be a closed chapter in the Ernie Davis book. His comment in this article is probably the only time I'll agree with him and that is, "People did not take this seriously. They thought that I would roll over (my opponent) and not need their help." Well thanks to those who did not turn out to vote for Davis but more importantly to those who turned out to vote for Young. Of course, I think Young has a lot of work to do and he's not perfect but we have to start somewhere and with someone other than Ernest Davis. I would ask Young as his first act is to looking into getting rid of the influx of dollar stores crowding out more reputable retailers.

No comments: