Tuesday, August 28, 2007

On Vacation

Labor day is right around the corner and I'm taking my last days of vacation. I'm sitting in a condo right now in Provincetown, MA or Cape Cod. It is one of the most beautiful days here - cloudless skies and temperature that is actually bearable. I went to the beach with my gf and a friend today and while the water was cold it was very nice. Lying on the beach and watching the boats and applying sunscreen was and is a great way to spend my remaining vacation days. I'm kind of hoping that I run into Andrew Sullivan to wish him congratulations on his recent marriage. Speaking of marriage, my gf and I went to have our rings engraved yesterday and they did a great job and gave us a free cleaning to go along with it.

If you have never been to Provincetown I would highly recommend it. Provincetown sits at the very end of the Cape and is home to mostly gay men and lesbians. But its a nice mix of gay and straight people with the occasional dispirited straight person who seem to somehow have loss their way when they start staring at gays. The food is wonderful and there is always a whale watching tour in the plans. We have started a kind of ritual in that we stop at a regular joint - Clem and Ursies on the way into town. C&U is a seafood place that welcomes many a visitor. The restaurant is run by a sister and brother team and features some of the best seafood in town. Ans it's always great to wash it down with a Red Stripe beer or a Margarita.

For the rest of time you are in PTown there is a lot to do like sunning on the beach, whale watching, dunes tour, bike riding, tea dances, comedy, and of course drag shows. Or you can just sit on your deck and read a good book.

No comments: