Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hillary's Cleavage: Get Over It

I don't think you have to be a feminist to think that too much is being made of Hillary Clinton's cleavage. And I don't think you have to be a femi-nazi to acknowledge that there are different rules for men and women politicians or many other occupations. Now, I can see why people may think that women are super hyper to these things because of the extreme fringe of women's groups but not all women are built the same. Robin Givhan has started a small war about Hillary's cleavage and for that she shouldn't be excused but derided.

I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton but come on. This woman can't win. From her coffee table thighs to her black pant suits its ridiculous. And now we have to talk about her cleavage? Give me a break. Nicholas Wapshott puts it best here when he says, "Hillary Clinton is a middle aged woman with a bosom. Big deal. Get over it. Sniping at her for daring to dress as a woman is old fashioned sexism at its worst and should have no place in a serious debate over who is best suited to replace President Bush in the White House." I don't recall anyone talking about Obama's suits that look like he bought them in Barney's. I don't hear anyone talking about Rudy Giuliani's or John McCain's clothes. So let's get over it folks. Hillary is not a model, she is a middle age politician.

No comments: