Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Month of Pride

Well, I'm off to my first gay pride event as June is Gay Pride Month. I'm not a fan of "theme" months but this is more about politics than watching gay boys gyrate on top of moving vehicles. I'm of the opinion that you don't need a month to show your pride nor a month to salute my blackness, nor a month to celebrate my womanhood. I'm still waiting for illegal immigrant pride month. Can't wait for that one. In any event, as president of a Log Cabin Republican Chapter I try to attend some of these events because we get to educate gays and lesbians about Republican issues. Unfortunately, Bush hasn't always made that easy but we haven't been denied access to an event yet so I guess that's a good thing.

Next week we celebrate with Mayor Mike at Gracie Mansion. I'm sure I'll have something to report from that outing. Happy Gay Pride!


No comments: