Saturday, June 09, 2007

Money Makes the World go Around

"Money makes the world go around. That clinking clanking sound can make the world go 'round." And it can even encourage kids to do well on their tests. I'm sitting on the fence on this one. On my initial read of the article it offended every principle I have about encouraging kids to do well in school. And while no one, including me, has the definitive answer on how to accomplish this task I'm not sure I agree that handing out money for the best scores is the way to go about solving it. Dr. Frye is a well respected economist and so I guess I would have to hear his reasons for why this is a good idea. I guess I'll have to some read through his paper on this one.

If anyone cares to write in and give reasons why this maybe a good idea, I'm listening.


No comments: