Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

I've always disliked smoking and after trying it once I realized that I hated it. It didn't appeal to me the way ice cream or chocolate cake appealed to me and it sure as heck didn't appeal to me because one of my favorite actresses smoked. Unlike my peers, I wasn't influenced by movie stars othert than simple entertainment. It seems, however, that this generation has some other ideas on the subject of stars and their influence on teenagers. To smoke or not to smoke, that is the question.

So, the show that brought us unbridled sex now brings us the sophisticated female smoker. As the young woman in the article declares, "Whenever I think of how to smoke, its the way Sara Jessica Parker exhales, and I'm like obsessed." And I'm like, going to throw up. The question that I have for this young woman and all the others who have chosen to smoke becasue of the characters in Sex and the City is this - have you actually looked at yourself while smoking? It is one of the most disgusting habits known to man. The entire act is disgusting especially for women. To watch women inhaling, as though their lives depended on it, from a cancer stick is like watching ants eat the remains of a downed fly. And this is attractive? I don't think so. I wonder how many of these girls know what they'll major in this fall as they prepare their nails and purchase their cartons of cancer sticks.

No comments: