Friday, August 25, 2006

He Doesn't Get It

I admit it, I was a fan of Tom Cruise. I first saw him in Risky Business and really liked him and Cocktail is still my favorite movie. Unfortunately, and I'm not simply jumping on the "tear Cruise apart bandwagon," I think he has lost every ounce of sense he purportedly had. The Oprah couch jumping was one thing but when he said to Matt Lauer, "You don't know psychology Matt, I do" that was enough to split a gut. Because in the end this is all meant for the funny pages. The only question I have is, when did Tom Cruise received his medical degree so that he could evaluate pregnant women?

His over the top behavior has become de rigueur in Hollywood so I don't see any change coming anytime soon. A morals clause is a good way to head off obnoxous and stupid behavior but how many will actually sign one. Not the ones listed here.

No comments: