Monday, August 21, 2006

I Don't Think So Natalie

So, I'm watching LOGO television last night and the Dixie Chicks are being interviewed about their latest album. LOGO television is a gay network that shows gay movies, shorts, documentaries etc. I had my doubts about it but its not a bad network. Some of the shows are a bit much for me but overall its not horrible tv. In any event, I'm sitting there watching the Chicks and they are going on about some video they did for the new album and they are asked the question, "Why do you think gay people like you?" And their answer is, or I should say Natalie Maines' answer is, "Well I think its because we know what its like to be discriminated against." Hello, what the hell do you know about discrimination? Discrimination is when someone tells you that you can't sit somewhere because of the color of your skin. Discrimination is when you are fired from a job simply because your gay. Discrimination is NOT when radio talk show hosts speak out against you for saying you apologize for being from the same state at President Bush. Discrimination is NOT when concert goers refuse to buy your tickets because they disagree with you. Discrimination is NOT when your record sales drop because people don't want politics mixed in with their music. Please don't equate your stupidity with the pains that come about from discrimination. I'm sick and tired of gays and lesbians associating themselves with every and anyone who they deem victims of attacks. Natalie Maines and her "sisters" know nothing about discrimination so please don't lump them with me.

No comments: