Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Obama Mania

Well, well, well, Barak Obama has formed an "exploratory" committee to look into running for the presidency of the United States of America. And we all fall at his feet. Don't get me wrong I like Obama. What's there not to like? He's handsome, he's educated, he's well spoken, he's of African descent, AND (drum roll please) HE's BLACK. I seem to recall another black who has stellar credentials but wait I forget, she's a Republican. Sorry folks I forgot my head there for a moment. It's not just "any" black person with stellar credentials it has to be a black Democrat with stellar credentials.

Well, I have not jumped on the Obama train and I have no intention of doing so and I know many will be disappointed because after all I'm black. And that is exactly why I'm not on that train and why this love for Obama is so sickening and disingenuous. If you listened to the Democrats and most liberals you would think that Obama was the best thing since sliced bread (dark sliced bread). He is the first black man that could string two complete and grammatically correct sentences together and walk at the same time. He is the first black man to look good in rolled up sleeves. And on and on. Whether or not he's qualified is of no concern to the Democrats because what is more important is that he has HOPE. I also find it ironic that he made his announcement the day after Dr. King's birthday. Please Senator Obama, don't even think of putting yourself in the same category as Dr. King.

Here are some worthwhile comments from one of my favorite bloggers.


No comments: