Monday, January 15, 2007

I Too Have A Dream

Not sure what is going on with Youtube but my earlier post on Dr. King never made it to my website. So let me do another in anticipation of the post showing up sometime tonight or tomorrow. Here is probably the most important speech of the 20th century and brilliantly executed.

The lines that continue to inspire me are as follows:

"Let us not wallow in the valley of despair."

"I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons former slaves and the sons former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood."

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

The dream that I have is that the black community stop looking for another Dr. King and take it upon ourselves to be leaders and fulfill his dream.

No comments: