Friday, September 15, 2006

Read Carefully

I would like to respond to a recent comment from one of my readers. Doctorj2u made the following comment, "I didn't see The View but check out the link below and tell me WHY my home town of New Orleans should not be spoken of." First, let me say thank you to doctorj2u for the comment and I'm not delusional to think that every reader will agree with me but I do expect them to read my posts carefully. In my post I did not state that we should not speak of New Orleans. That would be sheer stupidity on my part. What I said was that we shouldn't make this the focal point of this administration. I also said that this should not be a color issue but that it has become one because of the likes of Rosie O'Donnel and other liberal elites. The fact that this devastation is now seen as a black issue is outrageous and flies in the face of reality as seen here.

Second, the federal government is not a first responder. Third, why isn't governor Kathleen Blanco and mayor Ray Nagin being raked over the coals as is Bush? Why is Nagin not berated for not calling a mandatory evacuation? Why is Nagin not being raked over the coals for leaving hundreds of buses empty when they could have been used to evacuate the mostly black evacuees? Why was Nagin re-elected? We will never get the answers to these questions because "race" is top billing in the wake of this devastation and because Nagin is black and a vicitm as are the evacuees.

Should we talk about New Orleans - most definitely. Should it be the number one issue for this administration - no. Should we hold our leaders responsible for their less than perfect response - yes. Should we make this a black issue - no.


No comments: