Sunday, March 25, 2007

Something To Think About General Pace

When I served in the military I was "approached" by a major but thank god after one drink too many he went to sleep and didn't follow through on his more basic instinct. Throughout my tenure in the Army Reserve I did not encounter anything that would be considered harrassment or any other form of male agressive behavior. I'm one of the lucky ones. This story, however, is quite disturbing on many levels and it is obvious that something must be done about it. I present it here to make a statement about the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy. General Pace should be more concerned about this kind of dreadful behavior on the part of male soldiers that the supposed "immoral" behavior of gays serving in the military.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI: When you click on the link, the first thing you get is a long editor's note indicating that Amorita Randall, one of the women interviewed for the article, was not actually in Iraq and seems to have some mental problems. Although I do not doubt that there are many horrific instances of rape, sexual abuse, harassment, and the like in the military that go unreported and/or unpunished, due to the problems with Randall's credibility, this article may not be the best example.

Ingrid E. Barnes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.