Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Parlez-vous anglais?

Bonjour, Parlez - vous anglais? Oui! Boy were we happy for that response. My gf and I just returned from gay Parieee and we had a wonderful time. So, now you know the reason for my absence from blogging. This was my second trip to Europe and I think I have been bit by the travel bug. I just have to work on my fear of flying.

So, our trip was short enough to make us fall in love with Paris and long enough to miss home. We visited all the places that tourists visit and found a couple of out of the way places to have dinner. My gf took me to a wonderful restaurant for my birthday and it was magnificient. What a way to spend my birthday. I think we both gained 40lbs or more but it was all worth it. When all is said and done the French weren't so bad; just indifferent to everyone. One of the tings that I appreciated reading in our guide book was that the French are a quiet people and that was very evident even in restaurants. Of course, we got a glimse of the ugly American one morining while having breakfast in our hotel.

There were three American girls talking quite loudly and wouldn't quiet down even though we glared at them. We were very happy when they exited the dining room. We decided then and there that they were a perfect example of the label - the ugly American. But it seems like Americans have given up their monopoly on said phrase and thus this article was quite fortuitous. It seems that "ugly" applies to a lot of different people who travel to Europe and other places like New York City. Unfortunately I have to agree with the article as we encountered some but I won't say which group made me the craziest. Well as they say, ce la vie. I'll upload some of my favorite pics next time. Now, there is a lot for me to get to. See you on the funny pages.


No comments: