Monday, July 31, 2006

The Beginning?

I have never claimed to be an expert on human beings and bad behavior but after forty-six years I think I know a thing or two about both. I know that hatred exists as I write this. I know that many among us hide behind well sculptured facades but cracks invariably surface. This is true of Mel Gibson, who I always thought was overrated anyway, as his true character surfaced this weekend. Of course, many will claim that alcohol was the culprit and not Gibson and I would say, shame on you. To disassociate the two is to engage in wishful thinking. How many examples exist where the "nice" guy/girl at the holiday party perform acts known only to the more "professional" among us? How many examples exist where the well soused miscreant goes on a tirade about those people? And in every instance it should be denounced and the person held accountable. It should also be a lesson learned in the true nature of evil. So, Mr. Gibson should not be given a pass as some have suggested but rather I hope the outcry from Jewish groups and others will continue.
">Link

No comments: